CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Autumn has come and gone!

At the end of Halloween night, Dave and I decided that it just hadn't been a scary enough Halloween for our kids....so we dropped them off on this street that looked like that street in the Legends of Sleepy Hallow. We had them walk about a 1/2 mile down a VERY dark road. While Dave and I were parked down the road to wait for them, a policeman pulled up behind us and wanted to know why we were just parked there and loitering around. So, it was a little embarrassing to admit we had just left our kids on some spooky street...is that bad?
Bella was the "grudge" girl.
Michael was "in character" the whole night.
Our friends got some super cute little puppies! (no, I still don't want a dog)
This Halloween was so cold that the costumes were chosen by "what can you put on over your snowsuit?" Some of our great friends here, the Selle's, had us over for chicken noodle soup before trick-or-treating. Jane picked it up really fast and would even push all the kids out of the way, so she could get to the candy first. It was hilarious to watch!
So we named our van "white trash" and here's the family that fits it perfectly!
Here we are, freezing to death, at Tommy's football game.
Rachel
Michael
Bella
We have the best leaf pile in the neighborhood!

I don't know how, but Jane knew that she was supposed to jump in the leaves and wanted everyone to bury her.
This is the crazy-gorgeous tree in my front yard (picture taken 2 weeks ago...now there is not 1 leaf left on it!)

Last year, our fall lasted about a week...this year we had four whole weeks, so I'm not going to complain...much...

4 comments:

Kristin Coppee said...

Oh! Gorgeous pictures! I love it!

bryn said...

All I can say is, "I love the Watsons!" Seriously, you left the kids on a scary road. Hilarious, I mean really hilarious. You guys are just the best. We sure miss you. And when/how did the kids get so freaking big? Tommy, I mean Tom, he is like a man child. He looks so big. What a darling family you have!

Malie said...

That is so funny that you left the kids on a scary road like that! What did the cop say? Honestly, your family always comes to mind when I think of Halloween. I love Halloween too!

michelle rasor said...

I am so sad I missed you when you were here!! :) Hope you had fun. Please tell me when you are here next! I would LOVE to give you a hug!