CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Sunday Surprises




As everyone with a baby knows, they don't get much out of church on Sundays. I'm nursing, so I seem to spend a lot of time in the Mother's Lounge. This past Sunday, Dave had run home (20 min. one way) for something, so I left the four older kids on the bench by themselves while I went to feed Jane. There is a mic on in the room so I can hear what is going on in the chapel. First I hear a beautiful testimony by Rachel, then a few minutes later, Bella shares a nice testimony about Jane....Then I go back into the chapel. I see there are only three of my kids sitting on the bench. Where was Michael? I start to panic a little. "Bella, where is Michael?" She beams at me..."He's up there on the stand, Mom...he's going to bear his testimony!"


Okay, now I'm in a full panic. Sure enough, I look up there and he is grinning at me, so proud of himself. Anyone who knows Michael is as worried as I am. Our ward likes the children to be able to bear their testimony by themselves before they come up, so I wasn't sure what to do. Well, I didn't have time to think about it, because there went Michael. He pulled the step over himself, looking so serious. He pulls the mic down and starts, "I like to say my testimony...I know the church is true...Amen" I was so proud of him! For about 1 second....then he promptly bunny hops off the stand saying, "hop, hop, hop" as he went. The older kids thought he was just great, but we did have to have a little chat later.....

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Such a cute picture of your kids. We miss you and all the fun. I wish we could have seen Michael's testimony.

Kim Watson said...

That's so cute! I can just imagine him up there smiling so proudly, with his cute little dimples. Even if he did hop off stage.

Kristin Coppee said...

Aw, that's so cute. He is a cute little boy. I remember the first time John wanted to get up and bear his testimony. He was only about 6 and he wanted to do it because one of his friends had, but I could see him shaking nervously up on the stand and I was so afraid for him. He did fine, though. They always pull through in the end, don't they?