CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!





There is a beautiful cemetary by our house that we took the kids to. There were thousands of flags everywhere. It was just beautiful! Then we went to the Sussex parade...let me tell you, it was something. Tommy was supposed to march in the middle school band, but couldn't find his clarinet at the last second. So, the parade was about 15 min. long. --3 fire trucks, cub scout troop, veterans, a couple of politicians, boy scouts, middle school band, high school band, and a couple police cars---the end. Just the way we like it on a hot, muggy day. I love having these small town experiences. Just a little unknown fact about me....I cry at parades, the smaller the better.

9 comments:

The Williamson's said...

How fun! Your whole weekend looked like fun! Now that's my kind of camping where you can drive home for a good nights rest :) Your little town looks like so much, maybe we should plan a little road trip this summer, I know Jeff would just love that!

Anonymous said...

LOL...I am the SAME way...I don't know why, but even the Electrical Light Parade at California Adventure got me teary eyed...lol. Your family is SO cute...I can't believe you have 5 kids...it seems like yesterday we were playing battleship and dressing up like carebears...lol.

Kristin Coppee said...

Terri, your family is beautiful. My gosh! And you look so great! You've had 5 kids, I've had 3 and yet you look so much better than me. How does that happen? lol. I love all of your camping pictures. I love camping. I can't wait for my girls to be a bit older so we can go camping together. Well, and also I need to convince Bertrand that it's fun. He's into camping in a camper, not a tent.

bryn said...

oh my goodness, the kids look SO grown-up. how did that happen? did the harsh Wisconsin winter just bring out their age? you are all darling! (and i love parades too, no matter the size)

Melanie said...

I love that picture of your family with the flags. Would you please stop Michael from growing up so big and come back and let him and Blake play all day please. Enough of your little romp around the states. Home I say.
Will you please call me - I don't have your cell # anymore and your home # is disconnected.

Melanie said...

Call me now! Tick tock.

Cicily said...

I was wondering if you guys had a blog, I mean who doesn't. Hooray, now I can keep tabs on the happenings in your life. When are you guys coming to visit, I miss seeing you. I want to see pictures of your house. What do houses look like in Wisconsin? Are you enjoying being in the cold? I hope all is going well!

kristen said...

hey terri, i don't have your email address! when you get a chance email me and i'll invite you onto our new blog. i never thought i'd do it, but i did:) we miss you guys!
kristen and chris

Malie said...

Cute pictures Terri. The kids are growing up so fast. I almost didn't recognize your girls.