CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Thanks for the Inspiration!

So I was inspired by you all who have planted gardens recently. Here it is still too cold to plant, but we readied the soil.
This is what it looked like before....

This is after.



We've started the seedlings inside our house for right now, so that in 4-6 weeks, after the last frost (whatever that means) we can plant them. I have such a black thumb, I worried for the outcome. At the store, I bought about 15 packs of seeds and told the lady behind me that I was just learning to garden. She looked at all the seeds and said, "boy, you're ambitious!" Really, I'm just hoping that the more I plant, the better my odds of at least ONE thing coming up green.


Our friends just adopted a dog, or as I like to call her, Bear. Have you ever seen a St. Bernard in person? They are huge! She tried to attack Tommy when he picked Jane up---those protection instincts must be pretty strong. (I still have no desire to have another dog much to my kids' disappointment)





5 comments:

Coconut Queen said...

That bear is awesome. Tyler saw that picture and said, "What?!They got Beethoven!" Haha. Ok, so now I am feeling bad we haven't started ours. We have this plot of land we're supposed to plant our garden on and haven't done it yet. Maybe we'll do that this Saturday. Thanks for inspiring and motivating me.

Malie said...

Sorry, that was me earlier. I accidently logged in with my other email.

Kristin Coppee said...

Cool! I can't wait to see the fruit of your labors. LOL.

We have a nice big garden going. Well, my husband does. I kill everything I come into contact with. We've definitely had some failures in the garden, but overall some very nice things have come out of it. It's so fun to sit and eat veggies from your own yard. And they are so much sweeter tasting! Lara's little boy refuses to eat veggies, but when she fed him the fresh ones from our garden, he gobbled them right up.

Good luck!

kristen said...

My yard is all taken up by pool/grass/play area!! I told Chris we need to clear a spot to plant a garden, but really we'll probably wait until we move back up to UT! Little does my mom know, but I have a scheming plan that involves her incredible green whole body (I wish I got even a thumb from her...ha ha ha) Actually she's going to LOVE my plan. I hope you guys get LOTS of wonderful fruit, veggies, and whatever you planted! I don't believe you that you have a black thumb either!! You master everything you do:)Your kids are getting so grown up, what a fabulous thing for them to do too!! We miss you guys!
XOXO
Kristen

scott said...

Nice garden I wish I had that space for my garden good luck, I wish my wife would plant a garden I do all the work and she takes the fruits of my labors, not sure how that happens but it is fun and the kids love it.