CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 25, 2009

We're Hooked!


Five weeks ago, Dave was convinced by his co-workers that it would be a good idea to run an 8K. Now, we had not exercised in a LONG time. When we started this venture, we couldn't make it a whole mile. We were huffing and puffing, lungs burning. But...we persevered. It's very hilly here, so we trained hard (okay well a few times a week). Yesterday, the sun was shining and spring was in the air....Today for the race it was 50 degrees and literally pouring rain. I thought my pants were going to fall down as I was running. There were 17,500 participants in this Crazy Legs race in Madison, WI. So, wet and cold, we ran the 5 miles and had a great time. We ended the race running onto the field of the Badger Stadium which was pretty cool. I had to blow my entrance though by running straight into a camera guy and knocking him over and tripping a couple people behind me. Lovely...why do those things always happen to me???
Dave finished in 44 min. and I did it in 46, so both of us are pretty proud of our times. We didn't race together, though, which would have been more fun. Next time.

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Good job Lady! You are speedy!!! I think we should run a race together some day - or better yet, go to a broadway show and then to dinner.

Kristin Coppee said...

That's awesome, Terri! Well, not the running into the camera guy part. I'm sorry. That sounds like something I'd do. Glad it was you this time and not me. It was fun catching up on your blog. The free zoo looked like so much fun. Love the Jane in the kangaroo pouch part. That's hilarious! And that tree house! HOLY COW! I wanna' be a kid again so bad!

Thanks for the comment you left on my song. I'm glad you and Tommy liked it. To answer your question about what you can do to help - there is actually something you can do - you can email and tell everyone you know to check out youtube.com, type in The Mending Seed and watch "Don't Walk Away" or you can go to it, copy and paste the link and email it out. The more people check it out, comment on it and rate it, the better it looks to the music world as I campaign to get it in the movie "New Moon".

Kim Watson said...

Those are fast times, way to go! Race day is always exciting and well worth the training. How fun that you and Dave run together!

Anonymous said...

You guys had that time without much running before the race?! That is awesome. You sister-in-laws are hard to keep up with!

Malie said...

Fun!!! Randy is starting to do running. Hopefully, I can get him to do a 5K. We'll see. Great job.

Sommer said...

It was so good to hear from you guys! Tommy doesn't even look like the same kid, I can't believe it. By the way, no one ever told us that you moved to Wisconsin! I'm sure as far as Jeremy thought, you guys were still in Phoenix. That's sad. Your children are adorable. So how is having 5 workin' for ya? I say I'm done with 4 but something deep down says I'm not......I don't know. I'm affraid I would literaly loose all of what little patience I have left inside of me if I had one more!

michelle rasor said...

I'm impressed! Good job! & I would run into a camera man, too. So funny!