CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 2, 2009

What...I'm NOT the greatest mother?

Today I took Michael to the doctor because he has a massive ear infection...ooze and everything. On the way home, I stopped at McDonalds and got him a Happy Meal. So, as we are pulling out, I say, "Aren't I the best mother in the whole world?"
"No," Michael says calmly.
"What? You don't think I'm the bestest mother ever?" I question.
"No," he says again.
I'm a little peeved! Shouldn't 5-year olds think their moms are the bomb? I started thinking of all the women he knows that are better moms than me.
"Well, who's the best mom then, Michael?"
"Mary," he says matter-of-factly.
I can't think he would be talking about THE Mary...
"Mary who?" I ask.
"Mary, who's the mother of Jesus. She was the best in the whole world!"
Well....who am I to argue with THAT!

6 comments:

Abby's Mom said...

Cute! And no, you can't argue with that. Kids say the funniest things!!

Kim Watson said...

That is sooooo adorable! What a cute story. You are the greatest mother in the world for writing it down.

The Williamson's said...

That is so cute!

Red Tent Artist said...

You MUST be second in line! You'd get my vote!!

Anonymous said...

LOL...what a cutie. LOVE your new family picture.

Kristin Coppee said...

Wait! Hold up! It's because he doesn't know ME yet. Even though my kids tell me how much they hate me on a regular basis, I believe I am the bestest mom EVER! LOL.

Okay, fine. Mary wins!