CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Rachel's Half-Birthday

Since Rachel's birthday falls in the summer, she is allowed to pick a day to celebrate her birthday with her school friends. So Dad took her to lunch and then Michael, Jane and Mom brought cupcakes in to share with the class. She is so cute! She has made a lot of friends this year and does very well in school. She wrote this wonderful poem:

Morning of School

Morning Meeting
Math and gym
What about art...I have to squeeze you in
Morning Meeting
Back to greeting
Gym...climb the ropes
Gym...back to jokes
Art is next
Squiggle...squiggle..done with my painting
Back to the classroom
Math is next
1,2,3,4,5,6
All the answers on my paper
Morning of school
You're like a jungle gym!

I love it!!!!

1 comments:

Kim Watson said...

Hey, I hope I'm not looking at a blog that's not ready to be seen...I got your link from the comment you left on Melody's blog. I LOVE this poem! I seriously can't believe Rachel wrote it...it's so good! Happy half-birthday from Springville! You know, that's a good idea. I should have a half-birthday for Ryan, too.