CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Lord's Hand

My sister, Shelley, and her husband, Caleb, got some bad news last week. They found out that their baby (at 34 weeks gestation) was not growing as much as she should be and that there was a heart defect. Obviously, not the kind of news you want to hear. Shelley had already been on bed rest and being monitored for pre-term labor, so this was just more to worry about.

Last week, we all fasted and prayed as a family and also had the prayers of the wards and friends around us, and truely our prayers were answered. I can't give the whole detailed story justice...you can check out Shelley's blog when she logs it all in, but the way in which all the medical people that they needed were there for her (or not there for her ;)...part of the long story) is amazing.
Friday night, because of the concerned medical staff and the promptings of Shelley that something was wrong, she was under servailance at St. Joe's hospital when Shelley awoke with the monitor telling her that her baby's heart beat was dangerously low. Her doctor rushed right in (what doctor is ever there when they are needed during a birth...hee hee) and they did an emergency C-section.
Her beautiful little girl, Ellory (I don't know the spelling, SORRY) Kay McBride, was born with no complications. She is little, 3 lbs. 12 oz, but she could breathe on her own and had good vital signs. So far, they can hold off on the heart operation until a later date, but all is as good as one could hope for. All these things were a miracle and I'm so grateful to Heavenly Father for giving our family such a faith building experience that brought us close.
I'll post photos as soon as I get them.
On another exciting note....I'm getting another neice soon from Jeff and Amy....I can't wait...and am wishing more than ever that I was still in AZ!!!!!

3 comments:

Airan said...

I am so glad to hear that Shelley and baby are doing so well! The Lord definitely is AMAZING! Yes, you think Kelson is big, take a look at your family! Holy Cow! I still picture Tommy being like 5 yrs old! I think we'll be here for Christmas... I'm not sure though. It would be fun(but a little coatic) to get all of Backus side together! It's been so long and those are the memories of Christmas that I like to rememeber most. Christmas Day at the Williamson's!

Sarah said...

I'm going to visit them at the hospital tonight. I can't wait! I agree with you...moments like these truly testify that the Lord's hand is in ALL things. What a great blessing to be able to recognize that!

kristen said...

I'm so happy they are both doing well. What a scary thing for Shelley to have to go through. Are you guys coming out for Christmas? We're going to UT the day after to see Shirlene and Mike for a week. I hope we get to see you guys if you do come to town. Send Shelley and the baby our best. We miss you guys!!
xoxo Kristen