CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Finishing up the Trek

Here we all are inside the Seventies Hall.
This is a very cute playhouse outside our cabin.


This was inside the "cabin" we were staying at. There were actual deer heads on the wall (Shelley and Caleb would have loved it) and some very quaint paintings of dead ducks.
So cute...all the old people....
Seriously, this was no pansy trek!
Yes, there was an injury. Poor Bella! Tommy also received a couple scrapes from a killer thorny stick.
It was harder than it looked. It was a very hot, humid day. I don't know how the pioneers did it.
We learned how to make barrels (because you might need to do that someday), candles, bread, rope (ok, we had to drag Tommy away from that exhibit...) etc.

I think we would have made really cute pioneers...


I think the pioneer games were the most fun.
There were just too many cute photos!


He was dying to get on the horse...
He didn't want to get on the sheep!!! Hee Hee

This is a cute little wooded fence in Nauvoo. They were all looking at my mom's camera.




Here's the bullet hole where the bullet that killed Hyram Smith went through.
This is at Carthage Jail. It always leaves quite an impression.
Why do I always do repeat prints? Especially a photo that shows my double chin....

This is right outside our little cabin that we stayed in. I think that's about the closest my kids have ever come to a horse!














Well, our summer wouldn't be complete if we didn't finish the 'church tour' and go to Nauvoo. Since my mom and dad were here, we thought it would be fun to head down there. It is about a 6 hour drive, so it's not that bad. We arrived around 3pm, saw some sights, and went to the missionary show. The kids really liked it! The next day we went to the rest of the Nauvoo town sites. I can't believe I didn't get photos of the temple....I'm crazy! But we did get to do a session, which was absolutely amazing!!! The next day, we went to Carthage Jail. So, if anyone wants to come visit us, Nauvoo is just a hop, skip, and a jump away!

4 comments:

Kristin Coppee said...

Wow! How fun to do the "pioneer experience" as a family. You guys have a lot of fun times together! Man! I need to get on the ball! Yes, you would make cute pioneers, and no, I did not notice a double chin. Let me go back with my magnifying glass and check that out again. I think you look great. Really. I'd like to look half that good. I'd be thrilled!

kristen said...

we miss you guys so much!!! where was this trek? is it some place you can always visit? i think we need to come visit you guys for sure, but this would be something fun to bring the girls out for too. chris and i would love to come visit then do chicago. so many fun things so close to you. nauvoo would be AMAZING!! i'd love to do that soon. your kiddos are getting so big, i can't stand it! they are supposed to stay small. we need to have a long catch up phone call. i'll make it happen this week. tell the fam hi from us. xoxo
kristen

bryn said...

i can't get over how darling your family is. it doesn't matter were you guys are, it always seems that everyone is having the time of their lives. you guys are such a great example!

melvin said...

those are some great pictures terri!! wow the kids are getting so big! i love the ones where they are dressed up like pioneers... especially michael on the sheep. haha, classic. well, we want to come out there and do the trek someime, so get ready to do it again (or at least let us crash on your floor). we love ya and miss ya!