CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Politics Politics

I'm trying hard to not be so political....but it is so dang hard!!!! I am trying to be optimistic about everything, but really it's just a MESS. I am so torn about Sara Pallin. As Rush said, she stands for every Liberal belief...that a woman can have it all. Well, the conservative in me is screaming, "You can't have it all!!!" But, I do think she is an amazing lady for what she has accomplished. So, I'm torn, but I am worried that she is a mixed message to conservative women out there. I just wish she was a little older...her kids a little older.
As a side note, these comments that the Democrats are making are SO funny. I've been laughing out loud everyday. Thank you Matt Damon and Joe Biden...hee hee!

3 comments:

Kim Watson said...

Hey, you should join my political blog...we could make it one of those group blogs that more than one person can post to. My family and politics are separate - that way people will know what they're going to get on each blog.
For Christmas, we will not commit 100% until it's closer, but that's the plan (I'd say 90% right now). If we go, Steve will probably stay a week, then fly back. I might stay for the whole month of January since the kids are off track. What about you?

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear someone else voice an honest opinion on the subject...while I do like her..I feel the same way. I get tired of women trying to compete with men...we aren't like them..we aren't supposed to be...there is no competition...our roles are not the same..why do women feel threatened by this? It is very frustrating.

Melody Williamson said...

Well, I think that we all know where I stand on this! It is a slippery slope. I know I offended some who work with my comment and I have been really surprised and disappointed at what many women in the church have said to me about it. I could go on and on about it, but I totally agree with you!

What's this....are you guys coming here for Christmas? We would be excited to see you!