CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Tommy's Officially 12

Spanking Machine, of course!
What else does a 12-year old get....clothes!

Silly faces with our good friends, Joe and Kelsie.


It's a funny tradition...we get a can of soup for our birthday...somewhat long story....








I say 'officially' because it seems like for this whole year we've been saying, "well, he's almost 12." That now that he IS 12, it doesn't seem like such a big jump. But getting the Priesthood last week was great. We are looking forward to him passing the sacrament this Sunday. We got him a guitar for his birthday, and the kid won't stop playing it. He's hoping to get some lessons from his uncles and aunts this Christmas.






4 comments:

Kim Watson said...

A guitar! How fun! I keep doing the same thing with Ryan's age, so I often forget that he's still 7.
Ah, the spanking machine.
I can't wait to hear the story behind the can of soup...I don't think I knew about that tradition. Happy Birthday, Tom!

kristen said...

oh my!!! tommy's so grown up! it seems like we were just pregnant with him and olivia. crazy!! i can just picture him passing the sacrament. how great! we miss you guys and can't wait to see you SOON!! i was just thinking of uno, starburst, no sleep, and the carpenters...we'll have to do that again:) i want to hear about the soup too. tell tommy happy birthday from us!
love,
kristen

Abby's Dad said...

I'd be happy to teach Tommy how to play the guitar. My rates are actually quite reasonable.

Kristin Coppee said...

Oh my gosh! We totally did spanking machine growing up in my family too! Maybe we learned it from YOUR family. I taught my friend when it was her son's birthday and she looked at me funny at first, but her kids loved it. That's so cool that Tommy will now be passing the sacrament. John turned 12 this last July. Our little boys are becoming men. (SIGH)