CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Being One With Nature

Dave and Tommy went on a high adventure for a week to a place north of us called Boundary Waters. It is where they make men out of boys, or so I've been told.
They canoe along these lakes (no current, mind you) against wind and biting rain at times. Then if you think that is tough, they then have to carry their canoes across these small inlets of the islands and coastline. First unloading all the supplies of the week out which means several trips back and forth across the same area. Tommy wrenched his neck pretty severely.
They found a sweet spot of fish.
This is a beautiful place that they try to keep as natural as possible. There is wildlife everywhere. They saw bald eagles right next to them; a moose as well.
A lot of the time, the weather was overcast, but that didn't stop them from cliff jumping in the freezing water. I wish there were photos of Dave, but he was taking them.

I don't know if Tommy came home a "man" but they did have a great time.

2 comments:

melvin said...

Those are some pretty sweet pics! Dave was telling us all about the trip at dinner last night, too. Looks and sounds like they had a great time. I should probably do something similar... I want to become a real man! ha ha

kristen said...

Terri, I just wanted to thank you for sparing Dave for a few days so he could help us move! It was an absolute treat to have him around and made me realize how much I miss you guys! I loved going to dinner with your sweet family, and I'll miss running into you parents around town. The only thing that would have been better is if you could have come out too! (Thanks Dave for all your hard work and for driving a Uhaul for 13 hours!!!) we miss you all so much and really do need to get together more often!!
xoxo
Kristen