CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Deer in my Garden

If you look carefully, you can see where the deer munched off the big leaves to my zuchinni plant. The deer tromped through leaving hoof prints and stepping on top of my garden.
So we set out a scarecrow and strung up some string with noisemakers. We'll have to be on guard!

I did NOT work this hard to have a deer benefit!
***as a side note...our cat hasn't come home for the last two days...we are very upset about it...

2 comments:

Kristin Coppee said...

That's a bummer. Deer are so beautiful. I had no idea they could be such pests. Our biggest problem right now is the birds. They love to get into our cherry tomatoes. They're so naughty. And they're not even afraid of us anymore. We'll run out there and try to shoo them away and they'll just sit and stare at us as if to say, "Oh yeah? Come closer. I dare you." I think my girls have run at them and then become frightened by the fact that they don't fly away and come running back to the house enough times that they think we're all bark and no bite.

Jen Manwaring said...

Beautiful garden! I'm quite impressed with the scarecrow, hopefully that will deter it enough. Miss you all!